To create bootable USB Windows Server 2008 R2 from ISO files, you can make use of Windows USB/DVD Tool provided by Microsoft. Just take these steps listed as below. Warning: all data on the USB drive will be erased in the process of copying ISO files to it, so please make a backup if necessary. Before you install Windows Server 2008 R2, read this chapter carefully. Windows Activation To activate Windows Server 2008 R2, enter the product key (Physical Product key) on your Certificate of Authenticity (COA) label. For more details, see 'Activating Windows'. IMPORTANT: Activate Windows Server 2008 R2 within 30 days after installation.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Update
- How To Install Windows Server 2008 R2
- Download Windows Server 2008 R2
- Create The Recovery Disk In Server 2008 R2 - Windows Server ..
Install Windows Server 2008 R2 (Manually)
This section describes how to install Windows Server 2008 R2 without the use of Oracle SystemAssistant. The OS can be installed using either a local or remote method.
Caution - Possible data loss. The OS installation formats the boot disk, which erases any existing dataon the disk, including any preinstalled OS.
Before You Begin
Obtain the Microsoft Windows OS installation distribution media.
Create a bootable virtual drive (with at least RAID 0) if your system has a Sun Storage 6 GbSAS PCIe RAID Internal HBA (SGX-SAS6-R-INT-Z). For details, see Configure RAID With a Sun Storage 6 Gb SAS PCIe RAIDInternal HBA in Sun Server X4-4 InstallationGuide.
Prepare for a local or remote installation as described in Setting Upthe Installation Method. Then perform one of the following:
For local installation: Have the OS distribution mediaavailable to insert into the attached physical CD/DVD-ROM drive.
For remote installation:
If your OS distribution media is a DVD-ROM, insert it into the remote client's DVD-ROM driveand mount it through the Oracle ILOM Remote Console KVMS -> Storage menu.
If you are using an ISO image of the OS distribution media, ensure that the image is mountedthrough the Oracle ILOM Remote Console KVMS -> Storage menu.
- Power on or reboot the server.
If you are using the remote installation method, you can power on or reboot the server throughOracle ILOM.
BIOS messages appear.
- Watch the screen until you see a list of selections and then press F8 to select BBSPopup.Note - BIOS messages, including the BIOS menu selection list, can go by quickly. If you miss themessages, power cycle the server and hold down the F8 key during boot until the BBS Popup menuappears.
After a delay, a Select Boot Device menu appears with a list of possible boot devices.
- Select a boot device from the list, as follows:
Note - Make sure that the boot entry for the Oracle System Assistant USB is below the hard disk onwhich you want to install the OS. This ordering can be set using the system BIOS SetupUtility.
For a local installation, insert the Windows distribution media into the server's CD/DVDdrive, select it from the list of devices and press Enter.
For a remote installation, select the client's remotely mounted virtual CD/DVD drive and pressEnter.
Control passes to the OS installation program on the media.
- When prompted with Press any key to boot from CD, quickly press anykey.
The Windows installation wizard starts.
- Proceed through the installation wizard until you see the Installation Type screen, then clickCustom (advanced).
- At the Where Do You Want to Install Windows screen, perform one of the followingprocedures:
To add a mass storage driver for Windows Server 2008 R2, click Load Driver, browse to thelocation of the mass storage device driver (CD/DVD or USB flash drive), and select the driverinformation file (.inf).Note - For Windows Server 2008 R2, the driver must be accessible through a connected CD/DVD or theOracle System Assistant USB flash drive. If the driver is not accessible, the disk is not visible asshown below.
To select the Windows default partition settings, click Next. Go to Step 8.
To override the Windows default partition settings, clickDrive Options (advanced) and proceed to the next step.
Caution - Possible data loss. Formatting or repartitioning a preexisting partition destroys all data onthe partition.
- At the Advanced Drive Options screen:
- To delete the existing partition, click Delete.
- To create the new partition, click New.
- Change size settings as needed, and then click Apply.
- Click Next.
The Windows installation begins. During the installation process, theserver reboots several times.
- When the installation process is complete, click OK.
Windows starts and prompts you for an administrator password.
- Enter a password and click OK.Note - The password must have 8 characters, with one number and one uppercase character. For moredetails, click the Accessibility link on the account creation screen.
Once you have assigned a password to the Administrator account, the Windows Server 2008 R2desktop appears.
You will find the individual steps for the installation of Windows Server 2008 R2 in this wiki article. It will be installed on an MFS5520VI Compute Module for an Intel Modular Server in this example.
You will find information about installing the necessary drivers on an MFS5520VI Compute Module in the Installing Windows Server 2008 R2 on MFS5520VI Compute Modules.
Download autotune mp3 torrent download. The following gallery will show the individual Windows Server 2008 R2 installation steps.
Windows Server 2008 R2 Update
Installing Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Installing Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 appears identical. The only recognizable difference for the installation process itself is the change date for selecting the operating system to be installed. Windows Server 2008 R2 has the date 14.07.2009, whereas Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 uses the date 21.11.2010.