- Free Messenger Download For Android Phone
- Free Messenger Download For Android Apk
- Facebook Messenger Download
- Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set.
- If you’ve been looking for a smart alternative to your phone’s native texting and calling apps, WhatsApp is an excellent choice. With several elegant features and a simple interface, this free.
Instantly reach the people in your life—for free. Messenger is just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Not just for Facebook friends: Message people in your.
Facebook Messenger is a messaging platform used to communicate on Facebook. Originally, Messenger was just Facebook Chat and was integrated into the website as a private messaging function. In 2010, Facebook started developing Messenger as a standalone app and the following year it was released for Android and iOS mobile devices. When the app was released, users were prompted to download it instead of accessing messages through the Facebook app, tapping on the Messenger icon would take you to the separate Messenger app. This frustrated a lot of users, who didn't see the necessity in having the app when the messaging function of the Facebook app met all the user needs of the time. Messenger is great for every type of user who has Facebook, from the casual user to someone who uses Facebook and its messaging service frequently. Messenger is updated consistently, adding new features to improve accessibility among other things.
Video calls, text chats, and multimedia sharing all on one platform
For the casual user, Messenger is a fun way to communicate with your Facebook friends.
You can chat with other Facebook users that aren't on your friends list as well after accepting access to the message. In the beginning, when Messenger was just Facebook chat, text chat was the only available way of chatting, and you could send pictures as well. Now, when tapping on the text box, you can add pictures from the camera roll, take pictures directly from the app using your device's camera, add gifs, send money, and have access to a number of different apps that you can use with the person that you're chatting with. You can share your location for 60 minute increments, play Facebook games, and set reminders.
Besides text chatting, you're able to record voice messages and send the recorded message to chats that you're having with other friends. There's a voice to text option as well if your friend can't listen to the message out loud. If you have a Pinterest account you can link it and send pins, or articles from well-known publishers like the Wall Street Journal. Like a message by tapping the thumbs up, or send emojis, stickers, and GIFs. Add more friends and create a group chat so everyone can join in on the fun at the same time.
Video chatting and calling are the most popular updates to the messenger. As long as you have internet access you can call a friend. Tapping on the phone icon opens up the call screen. You can do a regular voice call and toggle on the camera to turn on the video function. Access the text box while in the call by clicking on the text bubble, mute the microphone by clicking on the mic icon, and you can reverse the camera view from front facing to standard view. Desert eagle serial number age. Take screenshots in the call that will save to your mobile device or tablet's camera roll. Now not only can you have text group chats, but you can have group voice and video calls too.
As for customization, you can change the color of the icons and the text bubbles. When you send messages, the color that you select shows up in your friend's chat as well. You can view friends' stories at the top of the app, sending messages and emojis for each clip, and you can add to your own story as well.
On an Android, Messenger takes up about 120 MB of storage while running. As you chat with more people and use more functions like sharing videos, pictures, and outside articles, the space that the app takes up begins to swell and after prolonged use, the app can sometimes shut down randomly. The app also drains the battery very quickly if you're using it for even a few different chats.
Where can you run the program?
Messenger is available for PCs, mobile devices and tablets running Windows, Mac, iOS and Android mobile devices and tablets. On PC, you can access Facebook Messenger through the Facebook website, with pop-out text boxes appearing when messages are sent. There is also a separate Messenger website if you wanted to have a separate tab for your chats, voice and video calls. All of the functions available for Messenger on Android are available on the web versions. On iOS when voice or video chatting, you can pick from a number of effects that hang and float all over the screen.
Is there a better alternative?
For Android, the best alternative is Messages, the Android function that comes with your phone. It has all of the functions that regular text messaging apps come with, but of course there isn't a way to contact Facebook friends unless you have their phone number. The next alternative would be Whatsapp. Text, voice, and video chatting is good across the board, and just like Messenger you need to have some sort of internet or data connection to use it. Other similar functions to Messenger are photo and video sharing capabilities, GIFs and stickers, voice messages, voice to text, and group chatting. With Whatsapp, you can display statuses, and view your chats on your desktop. Just go to the Whatsapp site for web and scan the QR code with your phone. You're instantly able to view all of the chats that you have on your phone on your desktop or laptop.
Facebook Messenger for Android is a lot of fun to have. It is absolutely packed with functions that make chatting delightful and kicks it up a notch in the messaging app department. There aren't many other apps with this many capabilities available for free for most mobile devices.
Should you download it?
Yes, Facebook Messenger is a useful app, but bear in mind that it drains battery power very quickly, and asks for a lot of personal information in order to download it. When it was first released, users were essentially forced to download it in order to chat with Facebook friends on a mobile device. If you're a user that utilizes a lot of functions often like video or voice chatting, sharing documents, photos, and videos, and you don't mind charging your phone more often, Messenger is worth having on your phone. Otherwise, the messaging application that comes with your phone or Whatsapp should meet your needs just fine.
As featured in:
In addition to sending free texts, you can also:
Message friends and contacts
- Get started fast — log in with your Facebook account, or just use your phone number
- Send voice messages, photos, smileys and other emoji
- Get push Enter your phone number herenotifications
Make plans on the go with social messaging features
- Message a friend or start a group conversation
- Include your location to let friends know you're nearby
Chat and receive SMS messages
- Swipe left to see who's available to chat
- See your SMS and Facebook messages together in the app — currently only available on some phones
Messenger does all this using your existing data plan.
Introducing Messenger Rooms
Messenger Rooms make it easy to spend quality time with friends, loved ones and people who share your interests. Create a room right from Messenger or Facebook, and invite anyone to join your video call, even if they don’t have a Facebook account. Rooms will soon hold up to 50 people with no time limit.
Host celebrations, gather a book club or just hang out on the couch with friends. You don’t need to call someone and hope it’s a good time or check everyone’s calendar first. You can start and share rooms on Facebook through News Feed, Groups and Events, so it’s easy for people to drop by. Soon we’ll add ways to create rooms from Instagram Direct, WhatsApp and Portal, too.
Free Messenger Download For Android Phone
If your friends or communities create rooms that are open to you, you’ll see them on Facebook so you can find things to do and people to hang out with. When you’re invited to a room, you can join from your phone or computer — no need to download anything to get started. If you have the Messenger app, you can play with AR effects like bunny ears, and new AI-powered features like immersive 360 backgrounds and mood lighting.
When you create a room, you choose who can see and join it. You can remove people from the call and lock a room if you don’t want anyone else to enter. Read more about the controls you have and how we built Rooms with privacy and security in mind.
Although this has been a common feature in other messaging platforms, Facebook Messenger has finally added the ability to delete sent messages on private threads. The only condition: don't take more than 10 minutes to do so.
- Now you can see your call history and missed calls—all in one place.
- Added Direct Download link which contains the .apk file for Facebook Messenger.
- Groups: Now you can create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place
- Forwarding: Want to send a message or photo to someone who isn't in the conversation? Just tap to forward it on
- Conversation Shortcuts: Create a shortcut so that you can get to any conversation right from your home screen
- Free Calls: Talk as long as you want and stay in touch wherever you are. (Calls are free over Wi-Fi. Otherwise, standard data charges apply).
Recent Facebook Messenger for Android news
Free Messenger Download For Android Apk
- The two companies allegedly cooperated in a win-win deal that was a big lose for competitors
- '[We] cannot see your private messages or hear your calls'
- 69 votesThis official 'Lite' Facebook Messenger app is designed to be more efficient with data and work in all network conditions, especially slower mobile connections.
- 2063 votesDownload the latest version of WhatsApp Messenger for free. Enjoy texts, voice notes and free phone calls.
- 32 votesFranz is a free messaging app that combines chat & messaging services into one application. Franz currently supports Slack, WhatsApp, WeChat, HipChat, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, Hangouts, GroupMe, Skype, and more.