Honolulu, HI OR Email your signed and dated letter to: [email protected] or Fax to: (808) 768-9096 Once your letter, email or Fax is received, we will mail/email a renewal packet to you with the appropriate instructions. Renewal packet consists of: Application Signature Form. DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver. Passing the Hawaii written exam has never been easier. It's like having the answers before you take the test. Computer, tablet, or iPhone; Just print and go to the DOT; Driver's license, motorcycle, and CDL; 100% money back guarantee; Get My Cheatsheet Now. Jun 20, 2018 After studying the way that Oahu residents do business with city government and aiming to change it for the better, the Department of Customer Services has initiated an appointment system to help. Make an online appointment to visit the Driver Licensing Center or select Satellite City Hall (Downtown, Hawaii Kai, Windward City, and Pearlridge) of your choice. Bring your current driver license and provide original documents that provide proof of identity, legal presence, social security number and two (2) proofs of principal address. Up-to-date contact information, hours of operation and services offered at the DMV at 1000 Uluohia Street, #101 in Kapolei, Hawaii.
Vehicle Registration Information
Motor vehicle ownership transfers may be processed by mail during the COVID-19 emergency:instructions
Use one of the Hawaii DMV Now Kiosks located inside certain Safeway stores to quickly and securely renew your vehicle registration.
The kiosk will print out your new registration card and license plate emblem immediately after paying for your renewal.
DMV Now kiosks accept credit and debit card payments only. You must meet the same requirements to renew at a kiosk as to renew online.
For Hawaii DMV Now Kiosk locations, click HERE
- Online provided that your City and County of Honolulu address is correct and no supplemental forms are required (safety inspection certificate, location certificate, CS-L (MVR) 50 or 50A, etc). All on-line renewals are to be made by credit card only (VISA and MasterCard are accepted).
To renew your vehicle registration on-line and for more information, go to HONOLULU's On-Line Vehicle Registration Renewal System. (Only credit and debit cards are accepted for on-line registration renewals.)
- By mail to:
Division of Motor Vehicles and Licensing
P.O. Box 30320
Honolulu, Hawaii 96820-0320
- In person at any Satellite City Hall. For Satellite City Hall locations and service, please visit the Satellite City Hall locations and services directory.
- By cash, check (drawn on U.S. funds), money order, traveler's check, or cashier's check. There is a $25.00 service fee for returned checks.
- Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit cards or debit cards are accepted at the following satellite city hall locations: Ala Moana, Downtown, Hawaii Kai, Kapalama, Kapolei, Pearlridge, Waianae, Wahiawa, and Windward. There's a 2.35% service fee.
If you are a registered owner of a moped, you will need to have your moped registered and safety inspected annually. All software free download full version.
For more information, click HERE.
When you buy a new vehicle on Oʻahu, the dealer will probably have it registered and licensed for you. But if this service is not provided, this is what you must do:
- Fill out an Application for Registration, Form CS-L (MVR) 1, which must be signed by you, the registered owner(s) and countersigned by a licensed Oʻahu vehicle dealer.
- Submit a current Hawaii Vehicle Inspection Certificate.
- If you are an active duty service member stationed in Hawaii and a non-resident of this state, you must submit the Non-Resident Certificate, Form CS-L (MVR) 50, available from your military personnel office or your military unit.
The required fees will be determined by vehicle registration or Satellite City Hall personnel.
Out of State Permit - must have the following
- Current Out of state registration
- Shipping document (Bill of Lading)
- Fill out CS-L (MVR) 27 form (out of state permit application form)
- Current Hawaiʻi Vehicle Inspection Certificate
In lieu of Out of State permit - RO must produce the following for vehicle currently registered out of State
- Out of state Title (if available)
- Current Hawaiʻi Vehicle Inspection Certificate
- Current out of state registration
- Bill of Lading
- Fill out an Application for Registration, Form CS-L (MVR) 1, which must be signed by you, the registered owner(s)
- Pay the license plate and emblem fee. the Hawaii expiration date will be the last day of the full month that the out-of-state registration expires.
Note: Taxes and fees are charged on an annual basis commencing when the out of state registration expires, there is no-proration for registrations which expire during the month.
Honolulu Drivers License Renewal Appointmentarrowclever Id Card
City And County Of Honolulu
Annual fees are based on the vehicle weight and usage. They are computed by the Division of Motor Vehicles, Licensing and Permits. You may calculate the fees that will be charged by visiting the Honolulu Motor Vehicle Fee Inquiry site at: https://mvinquiry.hnl.info/
The deadline for registering vehicles is the last working day of the expiration month of the current registration. However, if the registration expiration date occurs on a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, the delinquent renewal penalty fee will not be charged until after the next working day.
A penalty will be assessed if fees are not paid on or before the expiration date. The penalty shall be an annual flat rate of $16.00 ($8.00-County Weight Tax penalty and $8.00-State weight Tax penalty) for the passenger rate and $40.00 ($20.00-County Weight Tax penalty and $20.00-State Weight Tax penalty) for the commercial rate.
Make checks payable to: City and County of Honolulu. Proof of Hawaiʻi motor vehicle insurance is required to obtain a vehicle inspection, and the vehicle inspection sticker and certificate are necessary to operate a vehicle on all Hawaii roads and for all vehicle ownership-registration transactions.
Non-resident active duty military personnel must submit a properly completed Non-Resident Certificate, Form CS-L (MVR) 50*, for each registration, renewal or transfer transaction.
Hawaii residents on active duty and members of the National Guard and Reserve and who are assigned to units located in Hawaii are exempt from motor vehicle weight taxes for one vehicle registered in their name. You must submit a properly completed Hawaii Resident Certificate, Form CS-L (MVR)50A, for each registration, renewal or transfer transaction.
*Form CS-L (MVR) 50 and Form CS-L (MVR)50A is available from your military personnel office or your military unit.
For members of the military with access to the office located on Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam, motor vehicle registration appointments must be scheduled online. Please click here to make your appointment using our online scheduling system.