In this video you can learn how to build a Windows Embedded Compact 7 (WEC7). I partially followed the tutorial here: http://embedded101.com/Embedded101Artic. Install Windows Embedded Compact 7 RDP RemoteFX Update (same DVD as step 2) 4. Install Windows Embedded Compact 7 Update 3 from another DVD. Go to 'Program And Feature' and find Windows Embedded Silverlight Tools and update it to version 7 (I think, you don't have any choice between versions anyway). Part 1: Windows Embedded Compact Migration and End-of-Life Windows Embedded Compact 6.0 has been available since 2006 and Windows Embedded Compact 7.0 dates back to 2011. For device manufacturers and software developers, there are several important dates in the platforms’ product lifecycles, especially when ‘mainstream’ and ‘extended.
Microsoft releases Windows Embedded Compact 7 for trial usage and users can download it from Microsoft official website.Previously Windows Embedded Compact was Windows CE and Its version 6 was stable as Windows CE 6. Windows Embedded Compact 7 is developed by Microsoft for minimalistic computers and embedded systems.
Jul 28, 2020 Windows Embedded Compact 2013 Monthly Update (June 2020) is now available from Microsoft. To download this Windows Embedded Compact 2013 monthly update, go to the Device Partner Center (DPC). To use this feature, you must also have IoT Core Services and a platform that supports Windows 10 IoT Core. Restart requirement. Nov 03, 2014 Embedded Compact 7.NET 3.5 it tells me that a lot of the API calls the example uses in wlanapi.dll is Not Supported. I assume these API calls in wlanapi.dll would work under Compact 2013, but I need to use the old Compact 7.
According to Microsoft,
Windows Embedded Compact 7 uses the familiar tools OEMs already know to help create the next generation of devices with attractive, intuitive user experiences. Compact continues the history of embedded innovation started with the first release of CE, providing new technology to OEMs for building devices that stand apart from the competition.
Windows Embedded Compact 2013
Windows Embedded Compact 7 Overview
- Small FootPrint: minimum 500KB, 700 Components
- ARM Processor
- Real-time OS: SMP 32-bit native unified kernel real-time Operating System New symmetrical multiprocessing support
- Evaluation: 6 Month fully functional 180 Days
The new version of Windows CE is faster and improved and according to Microsoft you will get the high performance and reliable service of OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) with Windows Embedded Compact 7.
The Windows Embedded Compact 7 gives you full access to beta version of a full featured embedded OS and you can use it consistently for 180 days. You need to get an evaluation license key to avail 6 month trial of this release.
More from my site
|A version of the Windows CE operating system|
A concept UI used to display the graphical capabilities of Windows Embedded Compact 7
|Released to |
|March 1, 2011; 9 years ago|
|Kernel type||Hybrid kernel|
|Preceded by||Windows Embedded CE 6.0|
|Succeeded by||Windows Embedded Compact 2013|
|Mainstream||Ended on April 12, 2016|
|Extended||Ends on April 13, 2021|
Windows Embedded Compact 7 (formerly known as Windows Embedded CE 7.0) is the seventh major release of the Windows Embedded CEoperating system, released on March 1, 2011. Windows Embedded Compact 7 is a real-time OS, separate from the Windows NT line, and is designed to target enterprise specific tools such as industrial controllers and consumer electronics devices such as digital cameras, GPS systems and also automotive infotainment systems. Windows Embedded Compact is designed to run on multiple CPU architectures and supports x86, SH (automotive only) and ARM.
During development, a Microsoft employee working in this division claimed that Microsoft was working hard on this release and that it shares the underlying kernel with Windows Phone. Microsoft officially confirmed this and said that Windows Phone 7 is based on Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3 with some features borrowed from Windows Embedded Compact 7, thus making it a hybrid solution.Adobe flash professional cs6 serial number 2018.
Windows Embedded Compact 2013 Download
Windows Embedded Compact 7 contains these features:
- Silverlight for Windows Embedded: Allows developers to develop application and user interfaces in Silverlight using Microsoft Expression Blend
- Internet Explorer for Windows Embedded: A web browser similar to that of Windows Phone 7 with integrated Adobe Flash v10.1 support
- Touch support: Windows Embedded Compact 7 recognizes touch and gesture input types
- CPU support: Works on dual core CPUs in symmetric multiprocessing mode
- Platform support: Runs on x86, SH4 (automotive only)MIPS and ARMv7 platforms
- Media playback: Supports Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) and Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)
- Networking: Now includes NDIS 6.1 and supports Bluetooth 2.1 EDR
Windows Embedded Compact 2013 Update
- ^ ab'Microsoft Support Lifecycle'. Microsoft Support. Microsoft. Retrieved February 6, 2015.
- ^'Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 7 to hit the market'. Tuggd.com. TUGGD Media. 2011-03-03. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- ^ ab'Windows Embedded CE'. Microsoft. Microsoft. Retrieved February 6, 2015.
- ^ ab'Windows Embedded Automotive 7 Datasheet'(PDF). Microsoft. Microsoft. Retrieved February 6, 2015.
- ^'Windows CE is NOT dead!'. Olivier's Blog. Microsoft. 2010-05-03. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- ^'Windows Phone 7 based on a hybrid Windows CE 6 / Compact 7 kernel?'. Engadget. AOL. 2010-05-04. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- ^Surur (2011-03-01). 'Windows Embedded Compact 7 now released'. WMPoweruser. Retrieved 2012-07-24.